Connection Pooling for WebService calling a Post

Bill44077

Hi,

I have an asmx webservice that does a Post to an HTTP url, which in my case
is posting to a mainframe. The folks on the mainframe side have asked me to
use pooling for this access. Since the webservice is stateless, I have not
been able to figure out a way to do this successfully. I have tried using
different settings of Keep Alive, etc to no avail. My solution to this was to
put a Windows Service in between HTTP Post and the webservice which can keep
the connections pooled. Has anyone figured out if there is a way to do this
from a webservice? Perhaps the stateless nature of a web service won't let
this occur? Does WCF have a way to do this? I really don't like the idea of
having to have the windows service sitting in between. It not only makes the
solution more complex it also complicates deployment.

Thanks in Avance for any ideas/thoughts!