Connection string problem...

David

Hi,

Problem I have.

We are trying out a new MRP system from 'www.caliach.com'.
I am a web & database programmer, and usually code & maintain a large
MS Access App via a back-end MySQL Server. I am no stranger to
Connection strings, but this one has got me.

I installed their specific ODBC driver and created a DSN Called
OmnisODBC
The fields available in their ODBC driver are :

DSN Name = OmnisODBC
DSN Description =
User Name =
Password =
Data File = (C:\VisionDemo\Data\TrainingDemo.dfi)

I have completed all but the description field. The company then told
me to try retrieving data in MS Excel first and then work from there.
I managed to select the ODBC I created whilst in Excel, and got the
required data into a spreadsheet.

What I want to do is find the best way to retrieve this data into an
..asp web page.

How would the connection string look ?

Thanks

David

dlbjr

Should be a common DSN connection string.

'from dlbjr

'Unambit from meager knowledge of inane others,engender uncharted sagacity.

James Baker

Have you tried something as simple as:

"DSN=OmnisODBC;uid=userName;pwd=password" ?

James