console editor

karl wettin

Hello group,

I want to write a console editor (nano, pico, vi, et.c.) in java, but
have no clue where to start. All hints are welcome. Maybe there is a
project I could base it on?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_Sj=F6blom?=

karl said:
Hello group,

I want to write a console editor (nano, pico, vi, et.c.) in java, but
have no clue where to start. All hints are welcome. Maybe there is a
project I could base it on?

There is no support for console manipulation in standard java. There are
some third party libraries though, do a google search for "curses for
java" without the quotes.

I'm not aware of any console editors written in java, but you may want
to take a look at Jext and Jedit for some general ideas. Before you
embark on this project you should really ask yourself if the world needs
yet another editor and if java is really the language you want to write
this in. Other than that, I only wish you good luck!

karl wettin

Daniel said:
There is no support for console manipulation in standard java. There are
some third party libraries though, do a google search for "curses for
java" without the quotes.

Excellet, thanks!

I'm not aware of any console editors written in java, but you may want
to take a look at Jext and Jedit for some general ideas. Before you
embark on this project you should really ask yourself if the world needs
yet another editor and if java is really the language you want to write
this in. Other than that, I only wish you good luck!

I want to write a native java IDE for my console :)