Consuming java webservice

behdad

Hi,

I am working on vb.net with silverlight. I am trying to asscess the
the web serivce which hosted in oracle application server. Once i
created a service Reference with ".wsdl" file to my project. After add
the service Reference i have created a object to wsdl file. But, i am
unable to get the webmethod to the service reference object.

Please some one help regarding this.

Regards,
Behdad

Cowboy \(Gregory A Beamer\)

If the reference is not set up properly, you could use wsdl.exe to create
the proxy class, but I think this is precisely what adding a reference does,
so you should end up with the same proxy class either way.

Have you been able to connect to a .NET service? I ask this as the
methodology should be the same for any SOAP service and need to know if the
issue is understanding how to use a web service or this is something
particular with the Java service you are using.

behdad

yes i connected to .net webservices and its working just find there is
a problem with this java webservice that i cant point my finger on it,
the intresting part is that i consumed this webservice by PHP and it
is fine, i dono the combination of silverlight and java webservice
sounds like impossible for me :(

Regards,
behdad

Cowboy \(Gregory A Beamer\)

I like Jeff's suggestion of sniffing what is going on. I would do this also
with the PHP version that succeeeds. THen you can compare the difference and
see what is going on.

At first blush, I would guess the Java WSDL has some representation the .NET
WSDL tool cannot represent. You can see this in action the opposite
direction if you create complex entity models to pass to Java. Without a
link to the service, however, I can only guess.

Good luck!