contesting jini/javaspaces patent

Hugh

Hello,

I wasn't sure where else to turn, but I'm looking for prior art, i.e.,
examples of the use of Java or other virtual-machine architectures like
Linda, Inferno, and/or Millenium to contest patent #6003065.

METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR DISTRIBUTED PROCESSING OF APPLICATIONS ON HOST
AND PERIPHERAL DEVICES
Filed 4/24/1997
http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm

To contest the patent, examples must include 1 or more of the following
prior to 4/24/1997. At least 1 year prior is best.

Networked system including
+ at least one host
+ at least one peripheral
+ at least one database of peripherals and their capabilities

host
+ vm
+ ability to query peripheral db for peripherals with desired
capabilities
+ ability to transfer application from host vm to peripheral vm or vice
versa

peripheral
+ vm
+ ability to transfer application from peripheral vm to host vm or vice
versa
+ ability to register capabilities with peripheral db

peripheral database
+ host able to query peripheral db
+ peripherals able to register to peripherable db

method that...
+ distributes processing of portions of the application amongst host
computer and peripherals

Example Peripherals
+ printer
+ image capture, e.g., camera, scanner
+ telecommunication device, e.g., phone
+ display, e.g., monitor, tv
+ sound, e.g., speaker
+ fax
+ another host

If Sun's pursuit of this patent is successful, Sun could hold
restrictive patent rights that diminish and limit innovation in Java as
well as other technologies.

Thanks for your help,
Hugh