Control in FormView1 = Control in Formview2

Phillip Vong

Simple question from Newbie. Please help. I'm using VS2005 .Net2 in a
simple ASPX page.

In FormView1, I'm in the EditItemTemplate. In FormView1, I have Label1
Databound.

For Testing, I created another SQL connection to another table in Formview1
and added another Formview INSIDE Formview1. The new FormView ID is
Formview2.

In FormView2, I have Label2 databound to the new Connection. I added a
Button to FormView2 and I want the On_Click to pass the value from Label2 to
Label1. Remember, FormView2 is inside FormView1. This way when I click
Update in the EditItemTemplate, it will pass on the new value to the DB.

In summary, I want On_Click:

FormView1.Label1=FormView1.FormView2.Lable2

Please help!
Thanks!
Phil

Phillip Vong

Not really anything. I'm confused on how to start this. I thought
something like this would work but it didn't.
FormView1.FindControl("Label1").text = FormView2.FindControl("Label2").text

Phillip Vong

Anyone? Please help!!!

Basically trying to pass a value from one obect to another.