Control. Is this possible?

shapper

Hello,

I have been creating a few controls and I have a problem.

I want to create a control that renders a TextBox, a Label, and a few
more controls.

Is it possible to create such a control without all these controls to
be wrapped in a Tag?

Thanks,

Miguel

Peter Bucher [MVP]

Hello Miguel
I have been creating a few controls and I have a problem.

I want to create a control that renders a TextBox, a Label, and a few
more controls.

Is it possible to create such a control without all these controls to
be wrapped in a Tag?
Yes its possible.
You can use a UserControl for this requirements, or also a CustomControl
thats inherited from CompositeControl
or also from any other control.

shapper

Hello Miguel

Yes its possible.
You can use a UserControl for this requirements, or also a CustomControl
thats inherited from CompositeControl
or also from any other control.

Not really.

Every time I create a custom control that inherits from WebControl or
CompositeControl it renders as a Span tag with all child controls
inside it.
Of course I can change the render begin and end tag by using:

Public Overloads Overrides Sub RenderBeginTag(ByVal writer As
HtmlTextWriter)
writer.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Div)
End Sub

But what I would like is the control to render its child controls but
not having them wrapped.
Is this possible?

Thanks,
Miguel

Peter Bucher [MVP]

Hallo Miguel
But what I would like is the control to render its child controls but
not having them wrapped.
Is this possible?
Yes, simply overwrite the whole Render methode of your control.
Or else for an other case, overwrite the property TagKey to set a specific
tag around
instead of RenderBegin- and RenderEndTag overrides.