controlling image load in IE

Vikash K Agarwal

Hlo

We have developed a browser-based mail client (HTML-DHTML only). All
incoming mails are transferred to a MYSQL database and then available
to be browsed or worked with using this browser-based mail client. The
operators do not have internet access but when the content of the
mails is rendered esp. junk mails, they often contain reference to
external server images.

The problem is that we want to allow all images related to the
client's working to be loaded from our server but all other/external
images are blocked and if possible can be loaded on request. The IE
option 'Show Pictures' disables all of them including the one from our
server.

Is there a Javascript event or any other trick to achieve this.

Thx
Vikash