convert csv to mdb ?

mark | r

is there any way to do a cart blanch dump of a csv file into an MDB file?

i.e. specify file, submit, done! that easy?

mark

paul

You can connect to a csv file (which can be opened in Excel and which
an Excel file can be converted into) in good form just as you can to a
regular database.

The .csv file needs to be uploaded to the server.

And you can have two recordsets open at the same time.

So I'd suggest going through this recordset one row at a time and
within this loop add a new record to the "real" database's recordset.

And for help connecting to a text file using the Jet OLE DB provider:
http://www.carlprothman.net/Default.aspx?tabid=87#OLEDBProviderForTextFiles

And based on the above link realize that the actual filename does NOT
go in the connection string - rather it goes in the SQL statement
(definitely a little tricky).

And here is a pure ASP (i.e. no components) resource for letting the
user upload a file which is something that was unfortunately not built
into ASP:

ASP File Upload Using VBScript by John R. Lewis - 7/10/2000
http://aspzone.com/articles/160.aspx

The above free code has worked well for me and you can copy and paste
the code sample which is white on gray (what were they thinking?) or
just highlight it and it becomes black on white.

Best regards,
J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
http://www.Bullschmidt.com
Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips