Converting VS.NET 2003 web project to VS.NET 2005 web project

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Sep 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've got a handfull of .NET 1.1 solutions each with multiple ASP.NET web
    projects and dependencies on one another.

    I'm trying to automate the build process here at work and I've initially
    decided on using MSBuild as my build engine.

    Using MSBee, this process seems to work pretty well for non ASP.NET
    applications.

    However, the Web project present quite a challange. The first problem is
    that when I convert a web project form VS.NET 2003 to VS.NET 2005, the
    project file no longer exists. Thus I am unable to update the project file
    with the MSBee targets.

    The conversion report always says that it converted as a file based web
    project. How do I specify a different type of conversion which will retain my
    project file so I can update it with the MSBee targets to allow it to build
    on 1.1.????

    Thanks. I appreciate all the help. This is fairly urgent as I've been
    investigating a solution for too long now.

    Guest, Sep 25, 2006

  2. Hi,
    Websites in ASP.NET 2.0 and Web Applications in ASP.NET 1.1 are very
    different. The best choice when you come from ASP.NET 1.1 is to use
    Scott Guthrie's Web Application Project template for Visual Studio 2005.

    See this:
    http://geekswithblogs.net/lbugnion/archive/2006/09/12/91000.aspx

    HTH,
    Laurent