Cookie not always created in client

Andres Denkberg

I have the following login code:

private void Login()

{

string strRole;

string sVirtualDir = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["WebSite"];

// Initialize FormsAuthentication, for what it's worth

FormsAuthentication.Initialize();

UserAdmin oUser = new UserAdmin( UserName.Text, Password.Text );

strRole = oUser.Role;

if( strRole == "Normal" )

{

Response.Redirect( sVirtualDir + "/MF/users/Default.asp" );

}

else if( strRole == "Conference" || strRole == "Administrator" )

{

ApplicationLog.WriteInfo( "Loggin - " + UserName.Text + "/" + strRole );

// Create a new ticket used for authentication

FormsAuthenticationTicket ticket = new FormsAuthenticationTicket(

1, // Ticket version

UserName.Text, // Username associated with ticket

DateTime.Now, // Date/time issued

DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(20), // Date/time to expire

true, // "true" for a persistent user cookie

strRole, // User-data, in this case the roles

FormsAuthentication.FormsCookiePath ); // Path cookie valid for

// Hash the cookie for transport

string hash = FormsAuthentication.Encrypt( ticket );

HttpCookie cookie = new HttpCookie(

FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName, // Name of auth cookie

hash); // Hashed ticket

if( ticket.IsPersistent )

cookie.Expires = ticket.Expiration;

// Add the cookie to the list for outgoing response

Response.Cookies.Add( cookie );

// Add Customer ID to the session

HttpContext.Current.Session.Add( "CustomerID", oUser.CustomerAttached );

// Redirect to requested URL, or homepage if no previous page requested

string returnUrl = Request.QueryString["ReturnUrl"];

if( returnUrl == null )

{

if( strRole == "Administrator" )

returnUrl = sVirtualDir + "/Admin/Default.aspx";

else

{

returnUrl = sVirtualDir + "/Conference/MsgManagement/ViewMessages.aspx";

ApplicationLog.WriteInfo( "returnUrl = " + returnUrl );

if( Request.Path.ToLower().LastIndexOf( "comtec" ) != -1 )

HttpContext.Current.Session["Comtec"] = true;

else

HttpContext.Current.Session["Comtec"] = null;

// Don't call FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromLoginPage since it could

// replace the authentication ticket (cookie) we just added

Response.Redirect( returnUrl );

}

else

{

// Never tell the user if just the username is password is incorrect.

// That just gives them a place to start, once they've found one or

// the other is correct!

ErrorLabel.Text = "Username / password incorrect. Please try again.";

ErrorLabel.Visible = true;

It works well but in some cases the cookie its not created in the client machine and the user is redirected back to the login page, it happens always in the same client machines. The browsers used by the client machines accept cookies, so the problem it's not with the cookie authorization. I don't know what is the problem I have check everything that could cause this problem.

I appreciate any help