Cookies and Virtual Directories

Richard Payne

Hi

I'm having a problem with cookies in a virtual directory,

A cookie is created by an ASP application in the root folder i.e.
http://xxx.yyy.com

I'm unable to read this cookie in a virtual directory i.e.
https://xxx.yyy.com/mydirectory in a Visual Studio 2005 application.

If I create the cookie in my virtual directory the application in the root
directory reads the cookie without any issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Anthony Jones

Richard Payne said:
Hi

I'm having a problem with cookies in a virtual directory,

A cookie is created by an ASP application in the root folder i.e.
http://xxx.yyy.com

I'm unable to read this cookie in a virtual directory i.e.
https://xxx.yyy.com/mydirectory in a Visual Studio 2005 application.

If I create the cookie in my virtual directory the application in the root
directory reads the cookie without any issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Richard

I think we are going to need to see some code. This problem seems reversed.
I'm surprised that the cookies created in mydirectory can be seen by the
root application, unless you a deliberately setting the path of the cookie
to the root. However there should be no problem for mydirectory seeing
cookies created in the default manner by the root application.