Could some one help with this error on page

Guest

Hi,

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 and Master Pages,etc. I am NOT using AJAX.
I don't see the problem on my local server, only when I publish it to the web.

Problem happens on a page Where entry into a textbox causes a post back.

When I type inside the textbox, I get the exclaimation and "Error on Page".
Then details say "line 105, object expected"

In View Source, Line 105 is as follows:
<input name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$boxCnt" type="text" value="67"
onchange="javascript:setTimeout('__doPostBack(\'ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$boxCnt\',\'\')',
0)" onkeypress="if (WebForm_TextBoxKeyHandler(event) == false) return false;"
id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_boxCnt" style="height:18px;width:58px;" />

I get this error in other places as well.

Thanks for any help

Guest

Hi,

I am using ASP.NET 2.0 and Master Pages,etc. I am NOT using AJAX.
I don't see the problem on my local server, only when I publish it to the web.

Problem happens on a page Where entry into a textbox causes a post back.

When I type inside the textbox, I get the exclaimation and "Error on Page".
Then details say "line 105, object expected"

In View Source, Line 105 is as follows:
<input name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$boxCnt" type="text" value="67"
onchange="javascript:setTimeout('__doPostBack(\'ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$b­oxCnt\',\'\')',
0)" onkeypress="if (WebForm_TextBoxKeyHandler(event) == false) return false;"
id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_boxCnt" style="height:18px;width:58px;" />

I get this error in other places as well.

Thanks for any help

How the textbox control is declared and do you use a validation
controls for it?

<asp:TextBox...

Guest

Thanks for the response. There is a validator. This is how the Textbox is
declared:
<asp:TextBox ID="boxCnt" runat="server" Width="58px" Height="18px"
AutoPostBack="true" OnTextChanged="boxCnt_TextChanged"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server"
ControlToValidate="boxCnt"
ErrorMessage="Number Of Boxes - Required"
Font-Size="XX-Small"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

Guest

Merdaad said:
Thanks for the response. There is a validator. This is how the Textbox
is
declared:
<asp:TextBox ID="boxCnt" runat="server" Width="58px" Height="18px"
AutoPostBack="true" OnTextChanged="boxCnt_TextChanged"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server"
ControlToValidate="boxCnt"
ErrorMessage="Number Of Boxes - Required"
Font-Size="XX-Small"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

Hmm... are you sure that ASP.NET 2.0 is properly installed on the server? If
it works on the local box, it should work on the server too, I think.

Check the version and try to debug js to see what object is "expected"

Guest

..How many ways are there to install ASP.NET 2.0. Obviously I don't have
access to the way ASP.NET 2.0 was installed on the server. Could you
elaborate?

Also you say debug JS? How would I do that. I am not using JavaScript.
Why is JavaScript even created at run time? What is ths .axd file for?

Thanks again

Guest

Merdaad said:
.How many ways are there to install ASP.NET 2.0. Obviously I don't have
access to the way ASP.NET 2.0 was installed on the server. Could you
elaborate?

Also you say debug JS? How would I do that. I am not using JavaScript.
Why is JavaScript even created at run time? What is ths .axd file for?

To debug JS
http://www.jonathanboutelle.com/mt/archives/2006/01/howto_debug_jav.html

Regarding AXD
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910442

I've also found a post about that the webresource.axd file is not getting
downloaded on the client sometimes.
http://blogs.msdn.com/paraga/archive/2006/02/02/522766.aspx

Have a look, maybe it helps

Guest

OK. Italked to the ISP where the server is.

They say it's a IE 7.0 issue!
I tried this samething for myself and on Firefox I don't see the error while
on IE 7.0 I consistently do.

Thanks again

Guest

OK. Italked to the ISP where the server is.

They say it's a IE 7.0 issue!
I tried this samething for myself and on Firefox I don't see the error while
on IE 7.0 I consistently do.

Hard to believe :) Maybe you should try to clean the cache in IE, or
test it from another client. The Fiddler tool (see the last link)
might be also useful...

Guest

Hi again,

I will email you the link so you could try it for yourself.

Thanks for all your help.