country of visitor

Foo Man Chew

Best you can probably do is determine language settings

Response.Write Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE")

People seem to expect a reverse DNS lookup to determine this, but this is
expensive performance-wise, requires some kind of database lookup, and is
unreliable (because a user can be in Canada, for example, and be connecting
to a VPN at their office in the U.S.).

BrowserHawk handles this, but I'm not sure of the details.
http://www.cyscape.com/

Depending on what you are doing (e.g. tailoring language or currency or date
format), I think you should ask them. Just because you determined that I'm
currently surfing from the U.K. doesn't mean I'll know that you
"conveniently" swapped day for month in my short date display.