    I'm not talking about C# or C++ or CPP. Just plain old "C".

    Thanks,
    Tony

    Carneno, Aug 21, 2014

  2. Carneno

    old-student

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2015
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    SE Washington
    ANSI C (C99) has no concept of the outside world beyond your files, video (stdout) and keyboard (stdin).
    That is why it is so portable. Everything else that goes on with your computer is dependant on the OS and the hardware.
    Yes, you can use C to do what you want but you are going to have to use OS and hardware dependent code that is unlikely to work on any other computer with any other operating system.

    old-student, Mar 23, 2015