create groups with ruby-net-ldap

rvd5star

hello all,

I would like to ask if it's possible to add new groups in active
directory server
using ruby-net-ldap library.

thank you.

best regards,
rvd5star

rvd5star

I would like to add the ff. questions:

1. Is there a way to change the user's group("OU") or assign to
another existing groups?
2. Is there a way to edit/delete existing groups using ruby-net-ldap?

Thanks,
rvd5star

Glen Holcomb

I would like to add the ff. questions:

1. Is there a way to change the user's group("OU") or assign to
another existing groups?
2. Is there a way to edit/delete existing groups using ruby-net-ldap?

Thanks,
rvd5star
Yes you can create groups in AD with ruby-net-ldap.

I'm not sure what you mean by group("OU") but you can add users to a group
by adding to the member property of the group.

Editing and deleting are also easy by setting attributes and using the
delete method.

rvd5star

really? could you show me a code snippet on how to create
groups in AD with ruby-net-ldap?

Thanks in advance.

I would like to add the ff. questions:
1. Is there a way to change the user's group("OU") or assign to
another existing groups?
2. Is there a way to edit/delete existing groups using ruby-net-ldap?

Yes you can create groups in AD with ruby-net-ldap.

I'm not sure what you mean by group("OU") but you can add users to a group
by adding to the member property of the group.

Editing and deleting are also easy by setting attributes and using the
delete method.

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

rvd5star

I was able to create groups using ruby-net-ldap.
My only problem now is how to:
1. retrieve users from a group
2. assign users from one group to another

Any advice?

Thanks.

really? could you show me a code snippet on how to create
groups in AD with ruby-net-ldap?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can create groups in AD with ruby-net-ldap.
I'm not sure what you mean by group("OU") but you can add users to a group
by adding to the member property of the group.
Editing and deleting are also easy by setting attributes and using the
delete method.
-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

rvd5star

Hello. I was able to solve the latest two problems.
My only concern now is to assign user from one OU(Organizational Unit)
to another.
Any advice?

Thanks.

[...]

On May 12, 10:55 pm, Glen Holcomb <[email protected]> wrote:
ruby-net-ldap?
From my understanding there is no direct way to do that in the LDAP
protocol. You basically have to delete the object then re-create it in the
desired OU. You can change the left most part of the dn but not the rest.

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

2008/5/13 Glen Holcomb said:
From my understanding there is no direct way to do that in the LDAP
protocol. You basically have to delete the object then re-create it in the
desired OU. You can change the left most part of the dn but not the rest.

Net::LDAP#rename.

Thanks,

Glen Holcomb

rest.

Net::LDAP#rename.

Thanks,
That will only change the cn portion of the dn. You can't change ou's with
rename.