create several JavaSpaces

Eitan M

Hello.

I am using JINI as a techlology for simmulating whiteboard.

Right now I am using JINI 1.2 (because documents are on JINI 1.2, though
JINI 2.1 is better for security issue,
and I shall upgrade JINI version to the newer one).

I want to create several groups of users.

Should I create for that several Javaspaces (or there is always one) ?

How can I create several groups of users ?
Need sample codes, please.

Thanks :)

Lew

hi
je veux une base sur langage Java

Please do not hijack the OP's thread. Eitan M was asking about Javaspaces.

Start a new topic and please, écrivez en Anglais.

Eitan M

JINI is one of Java's technology (used for mobile phones, communication
between remote computers,
and simmulates plug-and-play drivers for none-windows' platforms).
, and is not Chinese.

I think the answer related to ServiceItem class, and attitudes used by the
servers & clients.
There are not many samples arround the internet, so it is very difficult
issue to learn,
and I need some good examples, please (for Jini 1.2).

Thanks :)

Patrick May

Eitan M said:
I am using JINI as a techlology for simmulating whiteboard.

Right now I am using JINI 1.2 (because documents are on JINI 1.2,
though JINI 2.1 is better for security issue, and I shall upgrade
JINI version to the newer one).

Check out http://www.jini.org and Jan Newmarch's website for Jini
2.1 documentation. There shouldn't be any reason to use 1.2 on new
development.
I want to create several groups of users.

Should I create for that several Javaspaces (or there is always one) ?

How can I create several groups of users ?
Need sample codes, please.

If the volume of information can be held in one JavaSpace,
there's no need to create multiple instances. You'll want to
associate a blackboard ID with each JavaSpace Entry and have users
specify the ID in the template used to read or be notified of new
entries.

Regards,

Patrick

Eitan M

Do I have to write any changes in my code, in order to run on JINI 2.1 (from
1.2),
or it is old-compatible version, and I need change nothing about it ?

Thanks :)