Create standard for ASP.NET to second tier resource like SQL DB

Jeremy Smith

I'm looking to create a standard for all of our 200 ASP.NET
application on connecting to a 2 tier resource. As it is right now, we
have each developer doing how they like to do it. Since I will be the
IIS Admin and will providing support for the production environment. I
want to create a standard to make trouble shooting easier.

We have IIS 6.0 with website set to Integrated Authentication and SQL
2000.

I'm also looking at setting access to the website the ASP.NET user and
group roles and not NTFS. Any pros or cons to this?