CreateUserWizard customization error messages

pgaudreau

Greetings.

ASP.NET 2.0 / VB / IIS 6 / SQL Server 2005

I have customized the Create User Wizard a bit, and would like to know
how I go about displaying error messages when they occur. It seemed
obvious from the examples at the ASP.NET Quick Start, but when I
create a duplicate user I receive no error message, and when I create
other unknown failures no errors are displayed.

I have the following set in the CreateUserWizard:
CompleteSuccessText="The account has been successfully created."
DuplicateUserNameErrorMessage="This email already exists. Please try
again, or contact customer support."
UnknownErrorMessage="There was an error creating the account. Please
try again or contact customer support."

I have added the following control to display error messages:
<asp:Literal EnableViewState="False" ID="ErrorMessage" runat="server" /
That is the last control within the <ContentTemplate> and
<asp:CreateUserWizardStep> tags.

All of my RequiredFieldValidators work as designed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
PG