creating manual line breaks in a single string

Ken Fine

I want a script that will force a manual line break after 'N' characters. In
other words, it will take a string, say, strString, and insert manual line
breaks every 78 characters. Anyone have some snippets I can poach?

My e-mailer component will do this for me, but I'd like to know how to do it
"by hand" if necessary.

Thanks,
-KF

Chris Hohmann

Ken Fine said:
I want a script that will force a manual line break after 'N' characters. In
other words, it will take a string, say, strString, and insert manual line
breaks every 78 characters. Anyone have some snippets I can poach?

My e-mailer component will do this for me, but I'd like to know how to do it
"by hand" if necessary.

Thanks,
-KF

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]

Ken Fine

Awesome, Chris, that really did the trick. Very useful function. Thanks so
much!

-KF