creating parent/child realtionships with objects in an ArrayList

da_rod_father

Hi, I am looking for some direction. I am reading a file then storing
the contents in an ArrayList. I want to be able to associate certain
objects with specific data. Such as an object of "section headers" or
"section labels" with its perspective object of data associated with
that particular "section headers". I am a newbie and cannot really
find any info on this. Could someone please point me in the right
direction? :)

none

da_rod_father said:
Hi, I am looking for some direction. I am reading a file then storing
the contents in an ArrayList. I want to be able to associate certain
objects with specific data. Such as an object of "section headers" or
"section labels" with its perspective object of data associated with
that particular "section headers". I am a newbie and cannot really
find any info on this. Could someone please point me in the right
direction? :)
Have you thought about using xml instead of a text file? it might be
easier and more flexible to map java objects to xml elements.

Tim

da_rod_father

none said:
Have you thought about using xml instead of a text file? it might be
easier and more flexible to map java objects to xml elements.

Tim

Sounds good, the text files are properties files and dont think that
will change. Will it still be easier and flexible if I convert the
text into xml and maybe use jaxb?

da_rod_father