Creating Preview Button w/ Javascript & Dynamic HTML

chadlupkes

I have a form that I'm using to enable people to contact their
representatives, and I'm trying to create a Preview function that will
enable them to see what they have written and how it will look when
they hit 'send'.

http://46dems.com/larc/contact.senate.php

The form page has some information above the form fields, and some
tips for good letter writing to the right of the fields. I'm thinking
that the best place to preview the letter would be where the tips are
now, and I'd like to use Dynamic HTML to change the text within the
tips window to the previewed message, letting people make additional
edits to the message before finally sending it on.

The problem is that I don't know how to correctly identify the text
within that table cell, and I don't know how to assign the preview
text to a variable and have that preview text replace the contents of
the table cell.

Here's the version of the page I'm working on to get this preview
function working:

http://46dems.com/larc/contact.previewtest.php

Any help would be really appreciated.

Chad Lupkes