Creating Preview Button w/ Javascript & Dynamic HTML

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by chadlupkes, Feb 17, 2007.

  1. chadlupkes

    chadlupkes Guest

    I have a form that I'm using to enable people to contact their
    representatives, and I'm trying to create a Preview function that will
    enable them to see what they have written and how it will look when
    they hit 'send'.

    http://46dems.com/larc/contact.senate.php

    The form page has some information above the form fields, and some
    tips for good letter writing to the right of the fields. I'm thinking
    that the best place to preview the letter would be where the tips are
    now, and I'd like to use Dynamic HTML to change the text within the
    tips window to the previewed message, letting people make additional
    edits to the message before finally sending it on.

    The problem is that I don't know how to correctly identify the text
    within that table cell, and I don't know how to assign the preview
    text to a variable and have that preview text replace the contents of
    the table cell.

    Here's the version of the page I'm working on to get this preview
    function working:

    http://46dems.com/larc/contact.previewtest.php

    Any help would be really appreciated.

    Chad Lupkes