Credit card validation software[sorry,OT]

tomailmelookatbottom

Sorry for the OT.

I have given a task to build a on-line purchase software in java and
oracle.The credit card must be valued online. I have seen on-line
purchase sites but I don't know what java function should be used for
card validations. I am totally new to the subject.

Is that not possible with java? What are the search key words
involved so that I can google and find some sites. I want to learn
more about credit card validation software. I am totally new to the
subject of on-line purchace. Any advice or corre NGs pls.
--
"combination is the heart of chess"

A.Alekhine

Mail to:
sathyashrayan AT gmail DOT com

KiLVaiDeN

Sorry for the OT.

I have given a task to build a on-line purchase software in java and
oracle.The credit card must be valued online. I have seen on-line
purchase sites but I don't know what java function should be used for
card validations. I am totally new to the subject.

Is that not possible with java? What are the search key words
involved so that I can google and find some sites. I want to learn
more about credit card validation software. I am totally new to the
subject of on-line purchace. Any advice or corre NGs pls.
--
"combination is the heart of chess"

A.Alekhine

Mail to:
sathyashrayan AT gmail DOT com

As you may understand, credit card validation is an operation that only a
bank can do, so you should contact your bank ( or the bank of your
company ), and also other banks, to know about their options when it come to
online payment. They'll usually give you some librairies and cryptos,
that'll allow your application to connect to their online payment website,
and have an history of payments, stuff like that.

In one word, you can't do it as far as I know, and you must contact a bank
to find out their solution.

Cheers,

Greg Stark

Is is possible the OP is asking about something much simpler, the part
where a simple checksum of the digits is computed as first check of the
validity of the number? This merely verifies that the credit card
number has not been mistyped. I've seen some public domain javascript
source that has these simple algorithms, but for the life of me I can't
remember where I saw it.

One way to find it is to try and buy something and view the html
source. Just be sure to cancel the purchase :)

David Segall

Sorry for the OT.

I have given a task to build a on-line purchase software in java and
oracle.The credit card must be valued online. I have seen on-line
purchase sites but I don't know what java function should be used for
card validations. I am totally new to the subject.

Is that not possible with java? What are the search key words
involved so that I can google and find some sites. I want to learn
more about credit card validation software. I am totally new to the
subject of on-line purchace. Any advice or corre NGs pls.
If you just want to verify a credit card number then Roedy Green has
some code here http://mindprod.com/creditcard.html. If you want to get
some money from the card then you will probably need to work through a
third party site.

tomailmelookatbottom

Sorry for the OT.

I have given a task to build a on-line purchase software in java and
oracle.The credit card must be valued online. I have seen on-line
purchase sites but I don't know what java function should be used for
card validations. I am totally new to the subject.

Is that not possible with java? What are the search key words
involved so that I can google and find some sites. I want to learn
more about credit card validation software. I am totally new to the
subject of on-line purchace. Any advice or corre NGs pls.
--
"combination is the heart of chess"

A.Alekhine

Mail to: