CRUD library

AdamKal

Hi,

Do you know any library or framework that unifies CRUD somehow.
Maybe I'll describe my problem:

I have a application that uses many external services and processes them together. This are things like web services and DB and so on. In the REST erawe usually operate on object and collections of objects (like in django's ORM) but have different source behind them. My idea was that there might besomewhere a unified abstraction layer that would require from programmers to write the CRUD methods and handle object creation and management (maybe even relations?) by itself.
I've started to work on my own library for that but I wouldn't like to do something that someone has done already.
Do you know any such library/framework?
Do you think that it makes any sense at all?

regards,
Adam

memilanuk

Hi,

Do you know any library or framework that unifies CRUD somehow.

Sounds kind of like the DAL (Data Abstaction Layer/Language) from
web2py, perhaps? I think I've heard of it being able to be used outside
a regular web2py install... not sure, haven't tried it myself.

HTH,

Monte

waynejwerner

Hi,

Do you know any library or framework that unifies CRUD somehow.

Maybe I'll describe my problem:

I have a application that uses many external services and processes them together. This are things like web services and DB and so on. In the REST era we usually operate on object and collections of objects (like in django's ORM) but have different source behind them. My idea was that there might be somewhere a unified abstraction layer that would require from programmers to write the CRUD methods and handle object creation and management (maybe even relations?) by itself.

I've started to work on my own library for that but I wouldn't like to dosomething that someone has done already.

Do you know any such library/framework?

Do you think that it makes any sense at all?

Does http://python-eve.org/ look anything like what you mean? Or perhaps http://www.sqlalchemy.org/ ?

HTH,