CRystal Reports In ROR

Joined
Jun 4, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
can anyone suggest me how to integrate Crystal reports in ROR 2.3.8 , do we have to install any gems or plugins .please let me know
thanks in advance for your help and support

Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
107
Reaction score
13
To integrate Crystal Reports in Ruby on Rails 2.3.8, you need to use a gem called "roware" (Ruby on Ware). This gem is a Ruby interface for working with SAP Crystal Reports, and it allows you to create, manipulate, and export reports from within a Ruby on Rails application.

You can install the gem by adding it to your Gemfile:

Code:
gem 'roware'

And then run bundle install to install the gem and its dependencies.

After installation, you can use the gem to create, modify, and export reports, for example:

Code:
require 'roware'

report = ROWare::Report.new("path/to/report.rpt")

# modify the report

report.export(:pdf, "path/to/output.pdf")

You can find more information and documentation on how to use the gem on the Github page: https://github.com/ejholmes/roware