CrystalReportViewer

CJ Taylor

Hey everyone,

Hope I can get some help here as
CrystalDescirions/BusinessObjects/Seagate/NewNameOftheMonth doesn't have any
info.

Whenever i try to add a Crystal Report Viewer to my ASP.NET WebForm or even
a web control for that matter, I always get an error saying it can't create
CrystalDecisions.VSDesigner.WebReportViewer something. this is really
really frustrating because I am on the very last part of a 1 year project,
and all I need is to build one damn form. I have the reports written, the
software done, but cannot make this stupid thing work.

Here's waht I went through. I have VS 2003 EA, Cyrstal Reports 8.5 and 9
Developer Edition and Windows XP. I tried uninstalling Crystal 8 and 9 and
reinstalling VStudio, no dice. I tried changing to versions in the
ocmponent toolbox etc., nothing. Basically as soon as I drag it across and
drop it, it shows the little grey area with an error.

Was just hoping for some help here.

Thanks,
CJ

REB

Did you upgrade this project from VS.NET 2002 to 2003 at some point? When I
upgraded from 2002 all my Crystal report viewers showed the error you are
describing. The problem was the References to CR in the project were still
for the old versions.

That may not be your problem, but it is something to be aware of. There is
also a reference in the HTML of the page for a version of CR, so be aware
that if that is not correct there will be problems.

CJ Taylor

Well, it was DotNetnUke but it didn't have any crystal stuff in it before
hand. I saw the reference in the tag delcaration at the top and changed
that to all the different versions. Nothing.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond though! =)

-cJ

REB

What about the references in the Solution Explorer? If you remove them all
then the first control you drop on a page will re-create the latest
references automatically for you.

CJ Taylor

Ahh, that did it...

Still weird, it references the 9.1.5000 library even though 9.2.3300 is
availible. Is there anything with 9.2.3300 that I should know about ?

-CJ