css background doesn`t change - hover doesn`t work

MZ

Hello!

I have tried to do it by myself but I cannot understand why it doesn`t work.

I have such css:

div.fListBox
{
width:296px;
cursor:pointer;
padding-bottom:5px;
background-color:transparent;
}

div.fListBox:hover
{
background-color: black;
}

Everything works fine in Firefox, but not in IE.
I don`t know why? Can you help me?

The error is when you move mouse i.e. onto "JAS-FBG: logistyka wysokiej jakosci"
in the "POZOSTALE WIADOMOSCI" box (first right column).

Here is the whole page:
http://michalinaken.w.interia.pl/tm.html

Thank you in advance
Martin from Poland

John Hosking

MZ said:
div.fListBox:hover
{
background-color: black;
}

Everything works fine in Firefox, but not in IE.
I don`t know why? Can you help me?

I haven't looked at your page but, just skimming through your post, I'm
guessing you're talking about IE6 or older. The old versions of IE don't
support :hover on elements other than <a>. I assume that's the problem
you're seeing.

MZ

I have used javascript code and onmouseover and onmouseout event to do it.

Thank everyone for reading my post
Marcin

dorayme

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
I was so distracted by all the blinking, jumping and moving stuff - all
over the page - that I couldn't find the link you were talking about.
There is little that causes visitors to hit the Back button quicker than
a page that sends them into an epileptic fit.

The delay in rendering even on my very respectable ADSL 2
broadband connection was enough.

Ed Mullen

dorayme said:
The delay in rendering even on my very respectable ADSL 2
broadband connection was enough.

Yeah, I gave up after a while on my 6+ Mbps cable connect. Isn't it
kinda sad though? I mean, remember the "old days" when we'd wait
seemingly forever for Web pages to load? Or even start downloading a
file at 300 baud and then just walk away to make dinner? Boy, talk
about impatience! Now I have some inkling of what my bi-polar nephew
goes through trying to stick with a task. Sheesh.

MZ

Uzytkownik "Ed Mullen said:
Yeah, I gave up after a while on my 6+ Mbps cable connect. Isn't it kinda sad
though? I mean, remember the "old days" when we'd wait seemingly forever for
Web pages to load? Or even start downloading a file at 300 baud and then just
walk away to make dinner? Boy, talk about impatience! Now I have some
inkling of what my bi-polar nephew goes through trying to stick with a task.
Sheesh.

I moved only my html + images files into the indirect portal.
This portal is not the destiny of my original files.

Unforutanately every web portal even a soft one, placed in interia.w.pl web
pages, loads very slowly. It is not the fault of the structure of the html
files built by me.

Marcin

Ed Mullen

MZ said:
I moved only my html + images files into the indirect portal.
This portal is not the destiny of my original files.

Unforutanately every web portal even a soft one, placed in interia.w.pl web
pages, loads very slowly. It is not the fault of the structure of the html
files built by me.

Marcin

I'm not sure about your usage of the term "web portal" and what it
means. If you mean "web host" I have to disagree with you. The web
host I use I settled on because they offer very fast access/load times.
Even accessing my domain from around the world is quite fast. For me,
in the U.S. (and I'm assuming, perhaps not correctly, that my shared
server/host is U.S. based) using Comcast 6 Mbps cable Internet, loads in
less than a second. Users from around the world have reported "long"
load times of the link in my sig of less than 4 seconds.

I use 1 and 1 dot com's "Home" package which costs 5 dollars a month
including registration of 2 domains and very generous facilities.

http://order.1and1.com/

For a hobby, I find 5 dollars/month very reasonable, especially for the
capabilities that are included.