CSS Div, 3 columns

Troy

Hi-

I am replacing my framesets with DIVs so that google can cache it and I
don't get a scroll bar in the middle of my site. I'd rather the whole thing
scroll as one. So I have a classic 3 column layout with nav on the left,
content in the center, and other stuff on the right. I've set it up and it
looks great, except the right appears below the center column instead of on
the right where it belongs. There is a space left for it though, so it
looks like the CSS is right. I have no idea why the right content is
popping down to the center.

the left is an intentional error to keep invalid hits from piling up in my
counter.

rather than cut and paste the code, here it is:

http://troy.morpheus.net/index.php

Thanks,
troy

Daniel Ruscoe

Troy said:
I have a classic 3 column layout with nav on the left,
content in the center, and other stuff on the right. I've set it up and it
looks great, except the right appears below the center column instead of on
the right where it belongs.

I'm seeing something different.

Internet Explorer 6, Win2000 Pro:
http://www.dualstone.co.uk/stuff/troy-01.png

Opera 7.23, Same OS:
http://www.dualstone.co.uk/stuff/troy-02.png

Opera is usually right. IE is full of bugs.

Have a quick look at the CSS here, used for a similar layout:
http://glish.com/css/7.asp

Troy

Nevermind. i did some validating and was forgetting to close a table.
Sorry to clutter this Ng up.

troy

Troy

Hmmm.

Well, I have employed the use of the voice-family css hack to no avail.. I
still see the right hand side floating over the text. IE bug maybe, but
still a lot of people will be looking at it in IE. So what to do about
that?

http://troy.morpheus.net

Thanks!
troy