css formatting problems.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
A Git is a Tosser... OK?

But never mind this, you sound like you might be able to do some
unpleasant things competently... I want you to track down and
fix that Mad Hatter character who infests my email program... I
have rewards, not only an introduction to Russell Crowe but also
a good New Zealand joke or two...

I sound like I might "be able to do some unpleasant things
competently"?? What do you think I am, a cleaner? -A garbageman? -The
Tidy-Bowl Man?

Anyway, I hardly ever even see a Hatter post and have no filters on or
anything. Last month or so, Toby's stats said he posted something like
168 messages and I doubt if I received even 5. Now, if you mean that
he's actually emailing you personally, you can report it to the isp of
his service. Whether this does any good or not, I do not know.

Incidentally, since they call Australia "down under," do they call New
Zealand "The Pits"? Just wondered.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
Which makes the OPs remark about praying for Him utterly ridiculous...

Oh, I dunno. Perhaps he's one of them mantises or other devout insect.

dorayme

From: Leonard Blaisdell said:
But what's a tosser? I can only guess accurately.

I know you use OS9 unless you have upgraded recently. To upgrade your
newsreader, visit <http://www.smfr.org/mtnw/>. I have the OSX version
and it works wonderfully at making unwanted posts in a newsgroup
disappear. If you actually mean that the Mad Hatter is bothering you by
email, I'm not sure what to recommend. My ISP uses SpamAssassin and I
use Eudora to stop unwanted email. It really works.
If this works for you, I'll listen to the NZ joke, but Neredbojias will
have to travel there to meet Russell.
The OS9 version of MT-Newswatcher has a few minor problems that the
author, Simon Fraser, is aware of. They may or may not affect you.
My philosophy is to 'never' integrate your news, email and web
experience.

I did try that newsreader but had problems with it and went back
to good old OE! But all will change as I am now in possession of
a Mac suited to X and will migrate there when I have set it up
right. No, this hatter fellow and his band of crazies that reply
to him and each other seem just to be able to get through to my
alt.html reception... God forbid that he should ever write
directly to me, that would only get me started and I might get
crazy seriously rather than ... how can I put it... rather than
for purposes of entertainment...

OK. You can have one NZ joke for your effort:

Melbourne Zoo acquired a female of a very rare species of
gorilla.

Within a few weeks, the gorilla became very cantankerous and
difficult to handle. Upon examination, the Zoo veterinarian
determined the problem.

The gorilla was on heat. To make matters worse, there were no
male gorillas of the species available.

While reflecting on their problem, the Zoo management noticed
Rick, a big Kiwi lad, responsible for fixing the Zoo's
machinery.

Rick was approached with a proposition. Would he be willing to
mate with the gorilla for $500? Rick showed some interest,
but said he would have to think the matter over carefully.

The following day, Rick announced that he would accept their
offer, only under three conditions: "First," he said, "I don't
want to have to kuss (kiss) er (her)." "Sicondly, you must niver tull (tell)
anyone about thus (this)."

The Zoo administration quickly agreed to these conditions, so
they asked what was his third condition. "Wull," said Rick, "You
gotta give me another wik (week) to come up with the $500."

dorayme

JennyLin

[...]

Obliging aunt we :)
Good joke, like that one :)
Cept the kiwi bit :(

Cheers Jenny

dorayme

From: "JennyLin said:
Obliging aunt we :)
Good joke, like that one :)
Cept the kiwi bit :(

Cheers Jenny

Just think of it as a small payback for the thrashings that your rugby team
give us so regularly... :)

dorayme