CSS override trouble

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Andreas Paasch, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. I working on a page here with PHP, but I ran into a weird thing that I just
    can't figure out.
    My main CSS files says links should be green.
    So for a page I just override it locally and change link color to red.
    Works fine, except for the last link, that is green and not red.
    I see no error in my HTML - posted below.
    I would really appreciate any hints to what could be wrong here.

    HTML extract:
    [Code snippet]
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="esperia.css">
    A:link {font : normal normal "Times New Roman" , serif ; color : #FF0033 ;
    text-align : justify }

    Du har bestilt:<br>
    Nr. 1, Pizza, Vienetta - <font style="color : #000000">STOR</font> med
    , <a href="toppingremove.php?product=S1&top=ost">ost</a>
    , <a href="toppingremove.php?product=S1&top=skinke">skinke</a>
    , <a href="toppingremove.php?product=S1&top=rejer">rejer</a>
    til kr. 83.00,-<br>
    [/Code snippet]

    Tomat, ost, skinke is nicely shown in red, but rejer for some reason only in
    green.

    [CSS snippet]
    A:link { font-size : 14pt ; color : #33cc66 ; font-weight : normal ;
    text-decoration : underline ; background-color : #FFFFCC}
    [/CSS snippet]

    I really see nothing wrong here ....

    Thanks for any input.

    /Andreas

    Andreas Paasch, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Andreas Paasch

    Steve Pugh Guest

    What if your CSS file isn't downloaded?
    Always, always, always set foreground and background colours together.
    You've cleared the history and checked?

    Make a test page and post a URL.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Jul 10, 2003

  3. My CSS file is downloaded and executed, for sure. I have all other settings
    according to it.
    Yes, that may be a solution. Again, this word "STOR" needs to be seperated
    and be and eye-catcher, so to speak.
    Products exist in normal and family size, stor just means big aka. family
    size.
    I have several selected items, behaviour is the same. It's not just this one
    item that has been posted here, but several others too that haven't been
    checked before. Same story.

    This page is just the source code of my problem page. CSS file added as is.
    Funny thing is now, that the testpage works flawlessly.
    I'm stumbled here ....

    /Andreas

    Andreas Paasch, Jul 10, 2003
  4. Andreas Paasch

    PeterMcC Guest

    I imagine that this confirms that Steve was right in his implication that
    the local link was "visited" in your history - viewing it in a different
    location would mean that the history file had no record of the link

    PeterMcC, Jul 10, 2003