CSS override trouble

Andreas Paasch

I working on a page here with PHP, but I ran into a weird thing that I just
can't figure out.
My main CSS files says links should be green.
So for a page I just override it locally and change link color to red.
Works fine, except for the last link, that is green and not red.
I see no error in my HTML - posted below.
I would really appreciate any hints to what could be wrong here.

HTML extract:
[Code snippet]
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="esperia.css">
A:link {font : normal normal "Times New Roman" , serif ; color : #FF0033 ;
text-align : justify }

Du har bestilt:<br>
Nr. 1, Pizza, Vienetta - <font style="color : #000000">STOR</font> med
, <a href="toppingremove.php?product=S1&top=ost">ost</a>
, <a href="toppingremove.php?product=S1&top=skinke">skinke</a>
, <a href="toppingremove.php?product=S1&top=rejer">rejer</a>
til kr. 83.00,-<br>
[/Code snippet]

Tomat, ost, skinke is nicely shown in red, but rejer for some reason only in
green.

[CSS snippet]
A:link { font-size : 14pt ; color : #33cc66 ; font-weight : normal ;
text-decoration : underline ; background-color : #FFFFCC}
[/CSS snippet]

I really see nothing wrong here ....

Thanks for any input.

/Andreas

Steve Pugh

Andreas Paasch said:
Background color is set in the css.file. As far as I understand, I can
locally override CSS settings, but I only need to set those locally, that
actually are changed, thus no background color set here on this page.

What if your CSS file isn't downloaded?
Always, always, always set foreground and background colours together.
Font is used here to emphasize that we talk about a deviation.

I see your point here, but the problem is before the link is even touched.

You've cleared the history and checked?

Make a test page and post a URL.

Steve

Andreas Paasch

Steve said:
What if your CSS file isn't downloaded?
Always, always, always set foreground and background colours together.

My CSS file is downloaded and executed, for sure. I have all other settings
according to it.
Emphasize? Deviation? Sounds like a case for <em> or <strong>. Or
maybe something's been lost in the translation.

Yes, that may be a solution. Again, this word "STOR" needs to be seperated
and be and eye-catcher, so to speak.
Products exist in normal and family size, stor just means big aka. family
size.
You've cleared the history and checked?

I have several selected items, behaviour is the same. It's not just this one
item that has been posted here, but several others too that haven't been
checked before. Same story.
Make a test page and post a URL.

This page is just the source code of my problem page. CSS file added as is.
Funny thing is now, that the testpage works flawlessly.
I'm stumbled here ....

/Andreas

PeterMcC

Andreas said:
My CSS file is downloaded and executed, for sure. I have all other
settings according to it.

Yes, that may be a solution. Again, this word "STOR" needs to be
seperated and be and eye-catcher, so to speak.
Products exist in normal and family size, stor just means big aka.
family size.

I have several selected items, behaviour is the same. It's not just
this one item that has been posted here, but several others too that
haven't been checked before. Same story.

This page is just the source code of my problem page. CSS file added
as is. Funny thing is now, that the testpage works flawlessly.
I'm stumbled here ....
I imagine that this confirms that Steve was right in his implication that
the local link was "visited" in your history - viewing it in a different
location would mean that the history file had no record of the link