curses (or something) for windows

Eric

Is there something similar to curses available for the Windows version
of Python (2.7, community edition)? Preferably something built-in.
In general, I'm looking to do gui-ish things from within the command
window.

Also, in particular, is there a way to get the console size (rows,
cols). I've seen how to do it in unix land but not for windows.

TIA,
eric

alex23

Is there something similar to curses available for the Windows version
of Python (2.7, community edition)?  Preferably something built-in.
In general, I'm looking to do gui-ish things from within the command
window.

Also, in particular, is there a way to get the console size (rows,
cols).  I've seen how to do it in unix land but not for windows.

TIA,
eric

Check out http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

It's a fantastic resource, Win32 & 64 versions of a lot of packages.