Custom create user wizard and Modal popup

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by sjsean, Nov 14, 2010.

  1. sjsean

    sjsean Guest

    I initially created a modified user wizard on a normal .aspx page, but
    then decided I wanted the item to appear in a modal popup. After
    reading an article it seemed to me that it would be cleaner to place
    the code in a user control and call when needed.

    question #1: the original register.aspx page had a code behind page
    with instructions to add info into a db table other than the normal
    membership table. Since user control pages are new to me, how to I
    handle the .vb code behind page? Do I just add the reference at the
    top of the ascx page?

    <%@ Page Title="" Language="VB" MasterPageFile=""
    AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="register.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="register" %>

    Also since I have the control set up for the initial information
    gathering panel and then a sucessfully created message panel. Can
    both panels be displayed in the popup? During testing the create user
    panel popped up and then finished and the modal popup disappered.
    When I refreshed the site page then the site loaded with a sucess page
    of the account being created and a continue button.

    I also noticed in testing that while filling in the fields the page/
    view seemed to slide down the popup and the buttons ended up outside
    the popup box. Suggestions on what might be causing this?

    Regards.

    Sean

    sjsean, Nov 14, 2010