Custom GridView Header and sorting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Liming, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. Liming

    Liming Guest

    Hi,

    My designer designed this weird gui where one column contains the
    information of two columns.

    Say I have book and Author, normally, they are two boudnField columns,
    but now it's combined into one "super" column. The difficult part is,
    they still want the header to be two sepearte link "Book", "Author" in
    this super column (when sorting is enabled) so I have a gui looks
    something like

    ID | Book / Author | Date
    2 booka / authora 10/01/2006

    How do I do that? when i enable sortexpression, I can only link one
    column header, not two. Is there anyway to do this?

    Thanks

    Liming, Oct 2, 2006