DA DataMapping Problem

G Dean Blake

I have a base SQL Server table with column Location nvarchar(10). I create
a View using Location but I rename it to "Category" in the View.

I create a DataAdapter in an aspx page using QueryBuilder that uses this
view and the Category field as a bind variable. the DataAdapter test out
just fine in the QueryBuilder environment. But when the code is generated
for in my code-behind vb file, Category gets defined as Varchar, 2. so the
query does not work in execution because the data gets truncated to two
bytes.

there are novarchar (2) fields anywhere in my database so I have no idea
where it got the "2". I have hundreds of data adapters and this has never
happend before.

What would cause this data mapping error?
thanks,