Data Aware Components

Chris

Greetings:

Perhaps this is a FAQ but a fairly extensive web search did not turn up
anything of value.

I am looking for Free and Open Source data aware components in the manner of
Delphi, C++ Builder, JBuilder and VB for NetBeans.

IntelliJ has similar components, though I have not yet figured them out in
the trial version of the IDE. I am only developing applications for
myself, so am not really interested in purchasing either the IDE or the
components (Beans).

I would prefer something that installs as components on the palette of the
NetBeans IDE so I can just drop them onto the form, set the properties and
be happy.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks
Chris