Datagrid and ColumnSpan

mary

I have a datagrid in which I have re-formatted some of the
rows to appear as header rows using the RemoveAt and
ColumnSpan methods of the Item object during initial
the datagrid. However, on postbacks, the column spanning
and cell removal is lost, and the header rows are no
longer formatted correctly. It seems that somehow this
formatting information is not preserved in view state for
postbacks. Does anyone know of a way this formatting can
be saved through multiple postbacks?

Thank you!!