DataGrid Column Style and Hyperlink questions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cezar, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. Cezar

    Cezar Guest

    Hello,

    Is it possible to create a special style just for one column of the grid.
    I want to display in Bold the values of a column.

    Also, for a column, I want to create hyperlinks only for some values,
    based on a condition :
    e.g
    public void OnItemDataBoundEventHandler(Object sender, DataGridItemEventArgs e)
    {
    TableCell linkNameCell;

    if(condition)
    {
    //NO LINK
    }
    else
    {
    linkNameCell = (TableCell) e.Item.Cells[4];
    hName.NavigateUrl = "someURL";
    }

    I know I can always make a "#" link but it would ne nicer if I could just
    have no link at all,

    Thank you,
    Cezar

    Cezar, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Cezar

    Tommy Guest

    1. Instead of using a hyperlink control, use a label control.
    2. Create a css class that makes a label looks like a hyperlink. Let's
    name it "LooksLikeALink"
    3. In your OnItemDataBoundEventHandler, for the item that you want to
    make it a hyperlink, set the label to use the "LooksLikeALink" css
    class. Also, set the "onclick" event to call a piece of javascript
    that will redirect you to the target page. Such as "window.location =
    'someOtherPage.aspx'.

    Tommy,

    Tommy, Nov 27, 2003