DataGrid Header Display Problem

G

I am having a problem with the way my DataGrid displays when a column header is clicked on to sort records. When the column name is clicked, a white background appears behind the column name. Also, if the column name has two words, if they were displayed one on top of the other, they now are displayed on one line and the text will not wrap.

This behavior does not appear in Netscape or Mozilla or Opera, just IE.

The problem is killing me because my Header Text is white and when the background behind the text is white the header name is no longer visible. Also, because the text does not wrap, this behavior throws off the width of the table.

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" rules="all" bordercolor="#0066CC" border="1" id="MainGrid" style="border-color:#0066CC;border-width:1px;border-style:solid;font-family:Verdana;font-size:7pt;width:628px;border-collapse:collapse;">

<tr align="Center" style="color:White;background-color:#4C94DB;font-size:7pt;font-weight:bold;height:10px;">

<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl0','')" style="color:White;">Type</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl1','')" style="color:White;">ID</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl2','')" style="color:White;">ItemId</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl3','')" style="color:White;">Title</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl4','')" style="color:White;">High Bidder</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl5','')" style="color:White;">Price</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl6','')" style="color:White;">Qty Sold</a></td>
<td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('MainGrid$_ctl2$_ctl7','')" style="color:White;">EndTime</a></td>

</tr>

I know this is a strange problem, but any help would be most graciously accepted.

Expand AllCollapse All

Ask a Question