Datagrid onmouseover problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by steemje, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. steemje

    steemje Guest

    Hallo friends,

    I am wondering how to influence the presentation of induvidual cells in a
    grid row.

    At present I have added :

    "e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.className='TreeMouseOver';")"

    on the itemDataBound, this allows me to manage the css for the grid row, but
    I need to change an icon in a specific cell of the same row at the same time.
    I guess my question is two fold.

    1. how do I reference the control in the cell, as .Net generates "internal"
    Id's, using parent and child control references, so using

    "this.getElementById('ID').className='MyStyleRef'" were ID should be the id
    of the control just won't cut it. As the ID is determined by .Net at runtime.

    2. Or is there a smarter way to do this?

    thanks in advance.

    steemje, Aug 2, 2005