Datagrid paging problem

Tony Girgenti

Hello.

I'm developing and testing a web application using VS.NET 2003, VB, .NET
Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and IIS5.1 on a WIN XP Pro, SP2
computer. I'm using a web form.

When clicking on the "Next" button for paging in a datagrid, i get the
following message:
"A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client
(txtResponse="<TripExportDataObjec..."). "

In trying to debug this problem, i discovered that if i put the
ValidateRequest="false" in my @Page line, i don't get the error and it pages
back and forth.

Should i leave the ValidateRequest="false" in my @Page line, or try to
figure out why this happens ?

Also, why is it blowing up on the "txtResponse" textbox ?

Thanks,
Tony

Tony Girgenti

Hello Gaurav.

Thanks for your reply, but i read all of that before posting here. I don't
see how that helps me. I'm not entering text into a textbox and clicking a
button. I'm clicking the paging button on the grid control.
working with it... go ahead and disable validation.<<

That's my problem. I'm not sure. That's why i am asking here.

Thanks,
Tony

"Gaurav Vaish (www.EdujiniOnline.com)"

Niraj Ranka

Hello,

Are u using any kind of usercontol or custom control on your test page.
This may post the << to the server.

Do check the same.

Regards
--
Niraj Ranka
http://dotnetpub.blogspot.com/
Tony Girgenti said:
Hello Gaurav.

Thanks for your reply, but i read all of that before posting here. I don't
see how that helps me. I'm not entering text into a textbox and clicking a
button. I'm clicking the paging button on the grid control.
working with it... go ahead and disable validation.<<

That's my problem. I'm not sure. That's why i am asking here.

Thanks,
Tony

"Gaurav Vaish (www.EdujiniOnline.com)"

Tony Girgenti

Gaurav.

I don't mind posting code or sending you an email. What code do you want ?

I don't mind sending you my whole VS.NET solution.

Thanks for your help.
Tony

"Gaurav Vaish (www.EdujiniOnline.com)"
see how that helps me. I'm not entering text into a textbox and clicking
a button. I'm clicking the paging button on the grid control.

Do you have the code available?
Or can we see the page in action?

Or if copyright is the issue, you may mail me at
gaurav[dot]vaish[AT]gmail[dot]com :)

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com