'DataGridLinkButton' must be placed inside a form tag with runat=server.

Sen Mathew via .NET 247

Dear all

I also have problem with Datagrid Complaining'DataGridLinkButton' must be placed inside a form tag withrunat=server. But My file is an ascx file ie it is a usercontrol. I call this file in to the main file so that we do nothave FORM TAGS in every file instead we have it in our home ordefault aspx file. Could some help me in this matter

Thanking you in advance

Brock Allen

Is this ASP.NET 1.x or 2.0? When exactly do you get the error? Compile time?
Runtime?

In either case, the control must be used on a page that does have a <form
runat=server> tag. Might this be the problem?