datalist background image for each cell

phil2phil

Hi,
Right now I have a datalist, that renders the following html:

style="background-color:#EEEEEE;height:20px;">
PADDING-TOP:1px">Monday</div> </td>
style="background-color:#EEEEEE;height:20px;">
PADDING-TOP:1px">Tuesday</div> </td>
style="background-color:#EEEEEE;height:20px;">
PADDING-TOP:1px">Wednesday</div> </td>

We now need to have each cell use a background image, but they need to
vary, so Monday's background image will not be the same as Tues. The
images sizes will be the same, but the image displayed will vary. Is
there anyway to do this? I can remove the ItemStyle-CssClass="daycss"
property I've set in the datalist, but how do I get it to set a
different image for each cell?

Thanks.

Eliyahu Goldin

Prepare css classes for every image. Handle the datalist's PreRender event.
In the event, loop through the datalist items and set the CssClass property
for every item to the required css class depending on the item's day of
week.

phil2phil

Hi,
Thanks for the response, could you show me how to loop through the
datalist items and set the CssClass, a quick sample?

Thanks again.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

phil2phil said:
Hi,
Right now I have a datalist, that renders the following html:

style="background-color:#EEEEEE;height:20px;">
PADDING-TOP:1px">Monday</div> </td>
style="background-color:#EEEEEE;height:20px;">
PADDING-TOP:1px">Tuesday</div> </td>
style="background-color:#EEEEEE;height:20px;">
PADDING-TOP:1px">Wednesday</div> </td>

We now need to have each cell use a background image, but they need to
vary, so Monday's background image will not be the same as Tues. The
images sizes will be the same, but the image displayed will vary. Is
there anyway to do this? I can remove the ItemStyle-CssClass="daycss"
property I've set in the datalist, but how do I get it to set a
different image for each cell?

Thanks.

Eliyahu Goldin

something like

foreach (DataListItem item in myDataList.Items)
{
item.CssClass = getItemClass(item);
}

string getItemClass (DataListItem item)
{
// get the day for the item
// get the class for the day

phil2phil said:
Hi,
Right now I have a datalist, that renders the following html:

style="background-color:#EEEEEE;height:20px;">
PADDING-TOP:1px">Monday</div> </td>
style="background-color:#EEEEEE;height:20px;">
PADDING-TOP:1px">Tuesday</div> </td>
style="background-color:#EEEEEE;height:20px;">
PADDING-TOP:1px">Wednesday</div> </td>

We now need to have each cell use a background image, but they need to
vary, so Monday's background image will not be the same as Tues. The
images sizes will be the same, but the image displayed will vary. Is
there anyway to do this? I can remove the ItemStyle-CssClass="daycss"
property I've set in the datalist, but how do I get it to set a
different image for each cell?

Thanks.

phil2phil

Thanks again!