Dataset, how to set hyperlink?

Edwin Knoppert

I want to fill a dataset, one of the columns is hyperlink.
At the end i want to set a full href, thus url + name.
System.String results in interpreted html, not useful.

How would i modify the following lines?

' Create the column
oCol = New DataColumn("File", System.Type.GetType("System.String"))

Set url to item/column:
oRow("File") = "http:///myfinedir/file1.zip"

Aboulfazl Hadi

Hi Edwin
ASP.Net 2.0 :
You must add HyperLinkField to DataGridView and set the following
properties (for example ):
DataTextField="fileTitle"
DataTextFormatString="Download {0}"

NavigateUrlField="FileName"
NavigateUrlFormatString="http://myfinedir/{0}"

I hope this helps
A.Hadi

Edwin Knoppert

I thank you for your help, this is actually my question #2, not asked yet :)

I'm looking for the correct system type to fill a dataset column.
Which has in this perspective nothing to do with the gridview (yet)
:)