dataset or detail view mistake of some sort

Stephanie

I am running through a tutorial on

http://www.asp.net/get-started/

about database web pages. I have a page that uses a dataset to list authors
by state. Works great. All is peachy keen. There is a hyperlink column that
passes an AuthorID to as details page. I have a different query (method) in
the dataset to get the author by author id.

On the details page, there is a DetailsView control. When you click on the
right arrow next to the control (in design view here), there is a list of
"tasks"... Autoformat, choose data souce... There is a checkbox for enable
paging. In the tutorial there are checkboxes Enable Inserting, Enable
Editting, Enable Delete... I don't have thoses check boxes. I cannot make
the DetailsView control editable.

I am sure I have done something wrong in either my Dataset or my Table
Adaptor. But I cannot figure out what. I have gone through the tutoral ... a
bunch. I simply cannot see what I did differently to give me this result.
Any help is appreciated. THoughts?

Thanks!

Stephanie

Stephanie

Stephanie said:
[...]

Nevermind... I figured it out. That ALWAYS happens. I should just skip
trying to figure before posting, since I always figure it out after I post.
Weird muphy's law thing there.