DataSource Controls

Guest

Hi

I'm following the example on how to create a HierarchicalDataSourceControl
using visual studio 2005 with asp.net 2.0 , and I'm getting a
System.StackOverflowException. Ive copied the code exactly, and when I Bind a
TreeView control to the FileSytemDataSource, it just hangs and eventually
crashes with System.StackOverflowException. The TreeView seems to Bind itself
over and over to the FileSsytemDataSource, and eventually runs out of memory.
I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out, or give any advice
or example on how to create a HierarchicalDataSourceControl, or even just
send a zip or rar file containing the working code, that would really help.

Here are the links I'm following, if anyone can get either one of these two
examples working I would really appreciate it.

http://fredrik.nsquared2.com/viewpost.aspx?PostID=23
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.hierarchicaldatasourcecontrol.aspx

Guest

Francis,
I think I remember how I made the MSDN example work. It had something to do
with passing in "" for the string or hard coding the starting point to
something like "c:/"

Good Luck
DWS

Guest

That was a good suggestion, and it lead to some valuable information. if I
create a folder called stuff located at the root on my c: drive, and put any
number or files it will work. If I add a subfolder, it will still work. the
problem occurs as soon as I add 1 or more files in the sub folder just
created. then it crashes. If any has some advice, or suggestions on how to
fix this problem I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Francis