DateTime.parse and long time zone names

Berger, Daniel

Hi all,

Does anyone out there have a patch to date/format.rb (i.e.
DateTime.parse) that handles long time zones, e.g. "Mountain Daylight
Time" versus "MDT"?

I thought I would ask before I started hacking on it.

Regards,

Dan

Ara.T.Howard

Hi all,

Does anyone out there have a patch to date/format.rb (i.e.
DateTime.parse) that handles long time zones, e.g. "Mountain Daylight
Time" versus "MDT"?

I thought I would ask before I started hacking on it.

irb(main):014:0> Time::parse "Wed Oct 19 15:33:41 Mountain Daylight Time 2005"
=> Wed Oct 19 15:33:41 MDT 2005

irb(main):015:0> RUBY_VERSION

maybe you can upgrade only this file... dunno.

-a