"DBI->connect() failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit"

Ed_Zep

Hi.

We've recently upgraded from Oracle 8 to Oracle 9.2.0.4.

The Perl script that we have now fails with:

DBI->connect() failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit at
/u02/app/sct/banner/general/exe/ucas_ftp.pl line 124
Couldn't connect to database.

We're using the following:

DBI-1.12
Data-Dumper-2.101
perl5.005_03
DBD-Oracle-1.02
DBI-1.32
libnet-1.0606

Any ideas as to what I need to do?

Thanks.

Ed.

Ron Reidy

Yes, display the Oracle error number, user the 'oerr' utility to get a
description of the error and it's cause, and then address that.