"DBI->connect() failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit"

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Ed_Zep, Nov 13, 2003.

  1. Ed_Zep

    Ed_Zep Guest

    Hi.

    We've recently upgraded from Oracle 8 to Oracle 9.2.0.4.

    The Perl script that we have now fails with:

    DBI->connect() failed: ERROR OCIEnvInit at
    /u02/app/sct/banner/general/exe/ucas_ftp.pl line 124
    Couldn't connect to database.

    We're using the following:

    DBI-1.12
    Data-Dumper-2.101
    perl5.005_03
    DBD-Oracle-1.02
    DBI-1.32
    libnet-1.0606

    Any ideas as to what I need to do?

    Thanks.

    Ed.

    Ed_Zep, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Ed_Zep

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Just an idea: have you rebuilt DBD::Oracle since you upgraded?

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Ed_Zep

    Ron Reidy Guest

    Yes, display the Oracle error number, user the 'oerr' utility to get a
    description of the error and it's cause, and then address that.

    Ron Reidy, Nov 13, 2003