Debug javascript in VS2005

Dinh Bao Tuyen

Hi everyone,
I can't debug javascript in VS 2005. In my VS2005, I can't find Script Explorer in menu. Can u help me???

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
Hi everyone,
I can't debug javascript in VS 2005. In my VS2005, I can't find Script
Explorer in menu. Can u help me???

To debug JavaScript code in VS2005, you need to enable script debugging
in IE options first (Internet properties / Advanced / Disable Script
debugging (must be unchecked).

Then, open a script file, set a breakpoint in it (F9), and then press F5
to start the code in debug mode.

Alternatively, use the "Debug / Attach to process" menu, select the
instance of IE you want to debug, and attach the debugger to it. You can
then debug the script just like you would debug C# or VB.NET code.

HTH,
Laurent

Dinh Bao Tuyen

Thanks a lot. But in my VS2005, I manually add menu item "Script Explorer"
to menu Debug>Windows