Debugger problem

Guest

I am developing a website in asp 2.0 and have recently started having
problems setting breakpoints for debugging. I can set a breakpoint, start the
debugger, then the breakpoint will show the message: "The breakpoint will not
currently be hit. No symbols loaded for this document".
The project is a Web project so there is no debug folder or single .pdb file
for the site itself. I have tried deleting all .pdb files in the
'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files'
directory for this project, and have run the Visual Studio 2005 repair
install. Still no joy.
It seems to be happening on every new page I create. Oh, and I have also
made sure the solution is in Debug mode.
It just started happening today in a page where debugging had previously
worked before, so this has really got me stumped.

Help, please!!!!

Guest

Do you have Enable ASP.NET debugging switched on in IIS? (assuming it is an
IIS project)

Regards,
Pandurang

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi coolhotrod,

What's your dev box's OS version/IIS version, also are you developing the
application through IIS or file system project? Basically, if you haven't
done any particular changing in the dev environment, there shouldn't have
any configuration problem. Try creating a new web project to see whether
the problem remains? Also, you can try manually attach the ASP.NET worker
process to debug.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support

that others may

learn and benefit from your issue.

Guest

Hi Steven,

My OS is Server 2003 Enterprise with IIS 6. I think the default for a Web
project is through IIS, and under Start Options in the Property Pages, use
default web server is checked.

New development today: I tried starting the debugger, it started up, but the
browser never opened, and I got an error that said : 'Unable to Start
Debugging on the Web Server Operation timed out'. So, I figured, this is
getting worse, and I tried your suggestion of creating a new project. The new
project seems to be working so far.

Do you think this might be a bug, it seems like something strange started
happening with my debug files.

Thanx

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thank you for the response Coolhotrod,

well, since there hasn't any particular change, it'll be hard to say
whether there is any problem in the IDE or .net environment. Sometimes
there does occurs such problem when some certain files/setting in the
project get corrupted. Anyway, I think you can still work on it, if this
become a definitely reproducable behavior, I think you may submit a issue
request on this.