Debugging in the IDE

Brian Shannon

When I compile my program using the IDE it sometimes compiles and opens in
the browser in 5 seconds and other times it takes minutes and sometimes it
wont even open it just hangs. Is there a reason for the differances in
times.

Sometimes I debug notice a mistake when the browser opens, close it, make
the change and recompile, and all this is done within a minute. The browser
may open in a couple seconds after compilation.

Other times I will go through the same steps but the browser locks. When it
takes a long time or doesn't respond I can stop the debugging and start
debugging again and the process is completed in seconds.

I am using visual studio 2002 v1.0

Does anyone have an explanation for the inconsistency?

Thanks

Steef

Hi Brian,

I'm having the same problem using Visual Studo 20003 & .Net Framework
1.1. It looks like ASP.NET isn't responding to events in Internet
Explorer, which could mean that there's a problem with IIS talking to
ASP.NET.